This post is actually long past due, but yeah, my costume is done. The end. Seeing as I took so darn long to get around to this post, I kind of forgot where I left off, so I’ll try to summarize how I made the rest of the costume.
The Pants: Made Me Furious, Outraged, Sick With Anger!
Okay, so the pants. Making pants is, surprisingly, an easy process. Making pants with socks on the end, with diamond-shaped holes down the front, and that are form-fitting…is not as easy. After sewing together the two pants legs, which were made using some patterns I used for Kefka’s costume, I found they were horrendously big, and it took me many attempts of tightening the pants to make them fit me. The socks were not as hard to add as I expected. I looked at sock patterns on the Internet, and based on what I found, I really only needed to ensure that the legs were extra long to accommodate the feet, and then I added ovals on the bottom for the bottoms of my feet. These made the feet fit quite nicely, and it was a lot comfier than I expected. The holes in the front were made by wearing the pants and putting pins where each corner of the diamond should go. I went with only a few, as I thought making as many diamonds as would be accurate would be really annoying and would ruin the integrity of the pants, seeing as they’d need to be so darn close together. Since my pants were so tight, I really worried about them splitting, but they ended up holding together quite well. Nevertheless, I made sure I put them on carefully. Continue reading Ghirahim Cosplay Status: All Done