I was just recently nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by Sam Leung of “Cheeese Toastie and Video Games” (three things I like, cheese, toast, and video games). Thanks very much! (I also just got nominated by Naughty Nefarious of “Station Deva“. Thanks to you, too!) This is actually my third (and fourth) nomination, but since some time has passed since the last two, I shall follow the rules again. And those rules are:
- Thank the one that nominated you. I did. Get off my back already, rules.
- Put up the picture for the One Lovely Blog Award. I will. Why do you automatically assume I wasn’t going to, rules!
- Tell everyone seven things about yourself.
- And nominate seven other people and tell them in their blogs that you nominated them.
Now that the picture is done, that means it is time to tell you guys some stuff about me, which will likely be vague and tell you nothing actually substantial or worth knowing about my life or myself, as is often what I do. I’m a mystery like that. Like a snail. In those shells. Who knows what they look like under that shell. Ahem.
- I recently found Youtube on the Wii to be one of the greatest things mankind has ever invented. I’m usually the kind of person that loves peace and quiet above all else, but getting to conveniently make an unnecessarily epic sandwich to “One Winged Angel” is a good time if there ever was one, plus I get to watch “Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance” on a big TV because I’m too cheap to buy a 3DS (and even if I did buy one, it would be on a wee screen).
- I bought the HD collections of “Jak and Daxter” and “Ratchet and Clank” more as back up copies rather than to actually play. That way, if anything ever happens to my original copies (which likely never will, as I have found a way to make electronics effectively immortal), then I have them waiting for me. And even then, I’ll probably be sad and just buy the original PS2 versions again anyway.
- I have mentioned this before, but I’m really mad I never got Spock’s autograph when I had the chance. Really, really mad. I mean, I have lost all respect for myself, if I ever even had any to begin with.
- I really want to get a Sora costume so I have some excuse for taking my Keyblade out in public (only to comicons, not to the grocery store or anything, I’m not that insane). And to further prove to any that were not yet convinced of the fact that I live in happy-sugar-lala-fun-land, I have also been tempted to get an Organization XIII coat…just for around the house (and for when I play their theme on the piano, the most difficult song I can currently play, which I learned from my hardcore TV-Youtube hybrid mentioned earlier). Hmm, I need a Link costume, too, so I can bring my Master Sword places….
- I’m currently not that fond of my cat. He’s seriously driving me nuts lately. He just harasses me constantly (including when I’m in the middle of watching Youtube on TV) for food, meowing and meowing and meowing. And no matter how long he’s been dieting, he’s still fat. And I can hardly feed him in the morning because if you give him much, he eats it, promptly turns around, proceeds to stick his tongue out, then manages to puke up more than he even ate, then, meows for more. It’s not even just in the living room anymore! He comes in my room and walks loops around my computer chair! He peeves me so much!
- I have gotten a bit obsessed lately with ingredients in food. Dr. Oz had to frighten me with the knowledge of terrible things that will befall me if I eat artificial ingredients, especially fake butter, so I often won’t buy anything with fake stuff in it anymore. It’s good for me, but it also greatly narrows down what I can buy. I also only stock popcorn with real butter in my house. It’s delicious.
- I think I am obsessed with bakeries, too. I dream about them. I have these dreams where I go to bakeries and get a whole variety of treats. I love pastries. I love occasionally driving the half hour (well, I don’t love the drive) to the nearest decent bakery, where I proceed to get pretty much anything with chocolate on it (hey, I don’t go often, so I have to get thirty things, have to). But, you’d think I’d be large by now, but I’m not. I have found that eating tortilla chips and salsa (salsa is like 5 calories per serving, darn it!) makes me gain weight, but I can eat cookies all day and be fine. (I actually currently have a box of treats from that bakery waiting to be devoured after I eat a scrumptious cheese sandwich. Oh, I also love kettle cooked potato chips. Just so you know. The other kind just doesn’t do it for me anymore.)
Wow, these were a lot more video game-centered than I intended. Anyway, it is now time for the seven nominees, without descriptions, as I always get nervous …describing things for some reason.
- Cary of “Recollections of Play”
- Hatm0nster of “My Two Caps”
- Carl of “I Know I Made You Smile”
- “D. James Fortescue”
- Mairzeebp of “Goodbye Whoopie Pie”
- Mal of “Maloquacious”
- “RPG Square”
Behold my generosity! The fact that it was required doesn’t make my kindness any less magnificent, though.
One Lovely Duck