Since I had much fun on my post where I listed the top 10 songs from “Final Fantasy VII”, I wanted to write about my favorite songs in “Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus”. I don’t know why I didn’t do it earlier. This game has a few good songs, but I couldn’t think of 10, so here’s my top 5. Once again, I provided links to youtube.
5. “Messenger of the Dark” is a good song and is first heard when you’re fighting Nero the Sable for the second time. That was an annoying battle.
4. “Splinter of Sadness” is Vincent’s theme from this game. It’s pretty, but sad. All of Vincent’s themes are like that, I guess. You depress me, Vince.
3. “Counteroffensive” is another good song. I like the parts with the saxophone.
2. “Silent Edge” is a very good song and fits in very well with the rainy, empty town ofEdge. The music makes you feel alone and you are.
1. And my favorite is “Redemption”, played during the final credits. It is in Japanese and was sung by Japanese singer Gackt (who was the inspiration and Japanese voice actor for the character Genesis, by the way). You may want to have the volume lower at first. Just a warning. My favorite part is from 1:04 to 1:20.
Dirge of the Duck